Youth Speaks Inc
• Youth Speaks aims to deconstruct dominant narratives in hopes of achieving a more inclusive and active culture by making the
connection between poetry, spoken word, youth development and civic engagement.
• To achieve this, Youth Speaks programs employ best practices of arts education and youth development, while encouraging young
people to write about issues relevant to them, in their own vernacular. Youth Speaks provides free arts education to youth with limited
access as well as spaces where youth can undergo a process of personal growth and transformation in a program that enriches their
educational, professional, artistic and leadership skills.
Black Girls Code Inc
• Mission to change narrative regarding racial and gender diversity in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
• Current Goal: Train 1 million girls, ages 7 to 17 to become innovators in the field, community leaders and future builders by 2040
• Since 2013 the community outreach efforts & programming has impacted over 3,000 students, opened operations in 7 states and even
Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Inc.
• Represent a network of 47 publicly supported medical and law schools
• 98% of awards distributed exclusively to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and Predominantly Black Institutions
• TMCF boasts an 80-90% scholar graduation rate compared to 40% graduation rate for Black/African American students overall and 62%
graduation rate for all students irrespective or race/nationality or which school they attended.